Creamy cauliflower soup. I made a big pot of it on Wednesday when all the gals came over for dinner. It wasn't the main course, in fact, they weren't even expecting it. I read the recipe on a blog and decided I had to make it - being cold to the bone makes you want to do things like that. Everyone loved it, but I only gave them one bowl each (along with freshly baked, by me, whole grain bread). There was a huge spread coming so there needed to be room left. Which meant plenty of left overs.
I always freeze some and enjoy some the following day or so. This was no exception. So tonight, as I was heating it up, a little light went off. Cheesy cauliflower soup. How good does that sound? And because a friend recently sent some Velveeta - sounded like the perfect combination. I know, there are some reading this that just lost their lunch. Did she really say Velveeta? did. It melts so nicely and adds just that gentle touch of cheese. Besides, if you saw the "cheese" options in my city, you'd stop right there and back me on this.
As I was saying...I didn't think it could get any better. Now to enjoy my cheesy cauliflower soup (and grilled cheese made with the not so fresh, but still whole grain bread and sliced sandwich cheese).
4 comments:
I'm suddenly starving. And I'm feeling your "slim to none cheese options" too! It's pitiful here.
Hugs!
I no longer take cheese for granted! And knowing what it was like for me, I think that Velveeta sounds like the perfect touch!!!!
MMM...Good Do you like the cheesy spray? And I agree with everyone, cheese can no longer be taken for granted. Either you can't get it or it is made of oily yucky stuff.
Hope you are doing fine. Let me know how you made the cauliflower soup. Weight Watchers used to have a great recipe for it. I just cannot find it. BTW, you look great!
Phyllis, it certainly wasn't a Weight Watcher's recipe. Full fat, but hey, that's where the cauliflower brings balance, right? I can email you the recipe if you want. I just finished my last bowlful the other day. :( I might have to make some more. But first, to enjoy some special chili mixes my sister sent me. :)
Post a Comment