Saturday, April 17, 2004

Mo's Moments (or lack of)

Where the heck does the time go? And how do other's manage to keep up? I don't even know what to write tonight, but realize I need to say something.

Joel is in India, or traveling down there now. I wish I was there. Friends are making trips this summer, I wish I were too. On the other hand, I'm excited about things that are happening here. No, nothing real tangible or drastically life changing, but that doesn't make it any less important. My sister-in-law and I gave my niece some books on Easter morning. They were simple books about Jesus, God, Heaven and Angels. When Nita handed them to her she told her, "Easter is about more than the Easter bunny." In that moment it made it okay that my brother said they wouldn't be joining me for any Easter service. Madeline and I read the book about Jesus, that was our time of celebration. When we say prayers at night, she often asks me to sing one of the songs I'd taught her. The favorite for everyone is "This is the Day" sung like my students did it in India. It's hilarious, especially since I sing oh so beautifully.

I'm now house sitting for friends who are at a mission leadership school in Mexico. I miss those evening prayers with my niece, brother and sister-in-law. There are a lot of things about being there that I miss. I know, three months isn't so bad, and we're only across the city, not across the globe! :)

I'm still trying to find us (ServLife) an office space. Or a closet. Or whatever (almost). Right now I've got the computer, desk and file cabinet here; which really makes it nice in the morning. I can work in my pajamas if I want - except on the days I need to go to the post office. Today I wore cut off sweats and a t-shirt, looked a little scary and prayed I wouldn't see anyone I knew. As it turned out, I needed to sign for my mail at the counter, which meant waiting in a line. Eeeck! Well, if you can't have a sense of humor, you shouldn't leave your house, right?

And the best reason of all for blogging today...Tommy and Meghann now have little Avery in their arms! Contgrats you guys! See you with a dinner later this week.

No comments: