I'd be lying if I said I'm totally okay with this, it hurts like heck. A piece of me is being torn out and though it will heal, it will never be the same. I have hope and am looking at God's word for some comfort; which is exactly what I've found. I've come to the conclusion, that it's only a temporary parting. I'm sure there are some who will not agree, and that's fine. This is the last selfless act that I am able to perform for him. I did a search through the Bible, trying to find what God said in regard to creatures. Here are a few of the verses I found.
Genesis 9:15
I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
Psalm 50:11
I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine.
Psalm 148:7-10
Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures ...
If He (God) made covenants with the creatures and called them His, then I have no doubt that that's where Frisco will be going today. :) I think they are summed up like the little children who have yet reached the age of reason. Frisco will up there barking praises to our Lord long before you or I will have the opportunity.
Which brings up a question that continues to burden me. Why is it okay to put an animal to sleep, but not euthanize a human who is terminally ill and living out the remainder of their days in agonizing pain? I've never been for the later, but my paradigms are shifting.

No comments:
Post a Comment