Friday, June 24, 2005

Snakes and Such

I've so enjoyed reading the blogs of some distant friends I've decided to try to share some more of my daily happenings and thoughts.

Last night was my regular babysitting gig for the Hamelmann clan. It's always an adventure over there and I can't wait to see what new critter they have found. Tracy is great about embracing adventure and the kids love it. It's interesting to see that they draw the lines at different places. I've gone over and been greeted with a scorpion, a tarantula, snakes, bunnies (that I loved!) and tadpoles. One night there was a random pig in the road (Nita, my sister-in-law called about it after she picked Madeline up from the house). We all went out and tried to find the owner, even tried putting a dog leash on the poor thing (not our brightest idea, she decided to hide in a pile of palm shavings). We eventually found the owner, what a memory. Then last week Ally comes running in about a dead snake in the road. It was a huge dead snake, with it's dinner still in it! Tracy has been known for dissecting so we thought she'd like it. When we called her, she offered me the privilege! Uhhh, okay. I thought it would be cool to watch, but wasn't so sure about doing it. But it would give me some cool points as a babysitter, so what the heck. It was weird, disturbing and exciting all at once. It's dinner was a full grown chipmunk. Did I mention the snake was huge? Like nearly 6 feet!!!

No comments: