Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dream Luggage and Nearly Nightmare Car Experience

I bought (well, family gave money towards it for my birthday) a wonderful suitcase (Osprey Meridian 28” - if anyone is interested). It’s normally $319...I know what you are all thinking...that’s ridiculous, but with the traveling I’ll be doing, I want something sturdy and tested and this one has rave reviews. I found it for $259, with free shipping (funny, the site doesn’t have it posted any longer, wonder if it was either the only one or a mistake). At any rate, less than three days later, UPS was delivering it to my door!

Yesterday (Tuesday) I had plans to go to this wonderful farmer’s market, that’s only open on Tuesdays. I love it there; all the local farmers are selling their goods, Amish are selling some of their specialties, plants and livestock are being auctioned off – what more could a person want in a supermarket? Kubra and her newborn were joining me, it would be her first time. Once we got everything packed in, we were on our way, with one stop to the bank. On the way we could smell gas, but I thought it was a construction crew at work. But the smell continued and we realized it had to be my car. Drats! That ended our trip. Double drats! I took her home and went to the local, smaller, central market, bought my veggies and some meat and went home. I had to find an auto mechanic...this was the first problem I’d had since moving here a little over a year ago (which really is something to be thankful for). Most that were recommended couldn’t get me in for a few days. I don’t think I understood how serious this could have been, because I almost settled for an appointment a week away. Something told me to keep trying and I found a place, “Good Faith” (as opposed to bad faith) that could get me in today. I went over after work and after the mechanic took a look at it, he came back in a little shaken and said I was extremely lucky I hadn’t exploded. That got my attention! A few hours and $200 later, it was running and back in my control. At least we are all safe.

No comments: