"Be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."
Joshua 22:5
I love the way God points us right where we need to be. I'm now in India, in a comfortable hotel room. That doesn't mean it's full of a bunch of amenities - there's no blow dryer, not even a bath tub, the TV doesn't work, but the bed was so comfortable, there is carpet, a fridge and a nice table to sit at with two chairs. The ceiling fan has a hum, which can sooth one to sleep or grind on a head ache. But this isn't about the room. I was just trying to explain that I'm not settled yet. My suitcases have been rummaged through more times than is right. I packed each bag with what I thought might be necessary if one of the other bags didn't make it (undies in each bag, clothing to wear in each, etc). So as I've searched for the specific things (such as the eye glasses I need new lenses for or my deodorant - travel size is finished up) I've exasperated myself. When I sat down for a little quiet time with the Lord, and wanted to read from the Holy Book, I just didn't have it in me to search through again. And since I've got wireless for a day or two, why should I? A quick search on today's scripture and I found the above - just as Papa had planned it.
There's so much meat there to chew on and I think I will all day. As I'm out and about, I will strive to walk in His ways (not that of my flesh), to look people in the eye and smile at them as if it's their heavenly Father smiling down. I get to be his vessel and I don't ever want to lose sight of what He's asked us all to join Him in. Wherever we are, we are supposed to be doing that. Serving Him with everything we've got. Darn our humanness for getting in the way. Today I will strive harder to hear Him, obeying what he's asking. I hope you will too. Let's see how we can glorify Him through this.
No comments:
Post a Comment