A New Perspective
What's your perspective? Yeah, on anything. Is it the same today as it was last month or last year? Mine aren't. Even when I thought I'd already figured something out.
I'm taking the Perspectives class for the second time. The first time I went through the course it blew me away, which is why I'm taking it again. Here's a question that one of the writers posed: Why do nations rise and fall? Is there any purpose or are we, as a planet destined to die off? I'm not sure why this struck a cord, but all I could think of was that at one time, India was one of the leading countries in technology (not to mention many other now defunct countries) and some where, some how over time, it went from being the most advanced to became one of the poorest. What happened? Could this happen to the mighty USA? I think the answer is yes. Which brought on another question, how long would that take (i.e. will I still be alive? - I know a little self consumed, but when you don't have kids, it's easier to fall into that trap). I recall a recent news show that was discussing another country’s' demise. They went from a place of affluence to poverty in less than a decade.
I'm not sure what all this is supposed to mean, but I wanted to share my thoughts with those daring enough to read them.
No comments:
Post a Comment