If there is no God, man is lost in a labyrinthine maze of bewildering experiences with no thread of meaning to guide him. -- George Eldon Ladd
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Bat Follow-up
After my last post I decided it was time to tackle the bats. I'd chosen to come straight downstairs and away from the bats when I woke up this morning. I even chose to use the restroom downstairs, rather than the one off my bedroom - just wanted to put some space in-between myself and the bat(s) - remember, I could see one hanging on a door frame in my hall. My landlord had this sorta butterfly net hanging in the kitchen, so I grabbed that and decided to get the dustpan to keep it in the net. When I walked into the downstairs restroom (it doubles as a storage area) I saw the other bat hanging there! Holy Cow, Batman...that was right over me when I used the toilet (how's that for a visual)!!! I became a little unnerved again and called my landlord - it was about 9 am by now, which is a good time to call others, right? He came over, tackled the one downstairs and moved onto the one upstairs. Then we searched to see how they were coming in. I have these fancy windows in my house, they can open from either the top of the bottom - I didn't realize this. Unfortunately the tops don't lock. Now we've moved all the screens to the top window, the bottom will stay shut and if the top opens, the screen is still there to stop things from coming inside. I'm still a little freaked and wonder if I'll find more - I'm so sure that when I looked into the back-room (which really is in the front of my house) there were at least two flying around (not counting the marathon flyer in my room), but it was dark and I was sleepy. Here's to a better nights sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment