


Yes, that seems to be my blogging ability. After talking with a few people about it I realized, I don't know that my life is so different and not sure why people would be interested in what I have to say. Of course, when I'm living in other countries it always seems to easy to pull out the unusual. But don't we all really have the unusual to find in your day to day lives? Okay, maybe not every day. :)
Last night my sister-in-law, niece and I cut out pumpkins. I'm not creative, so I immediately searched for a pattern online. My niece made fun of me, but before long, she was also searching at the site I'd found. I have to say, I'm pretty excited about the way that mine came out. Usually mine's the goofiest, least artistic, crooked smiling, and unmatched eyes you can imagine. But not this year. Okay, the perfectionist in me did struggle because it's not perfect, but I am clinging to the fact that it didn't totally bomb. :)
Last week I went to the Grand Canyon with friends from Pennsylvania. The place is absolutely breathtaking and a picture doesn't come close to being able to sum it up. As we drove around the South Rim and stopped at nearly every overlook, I commented on how each one was better than the last. Just unbelievable. There was a visitor center that walked you through the process of it's creation. I read that it started 1,840 million years ago. I walked away shaking my head. As I was rounding the section and meeting back to where I started, I overheard two men talking. One looks to the other and says, I thought the earth was created in 7 days. I couldn't help but smile. I learned long ago that scientist don't necessarily do the best job at predicting the age of things. Case in point...10 years after Mt. Saint Helens erupted, based on their carbon dating, it would appear that it had happened 1,000 years ago. Well, they were only off by 990 years. Anyway, I didn't intend on getting on my soap box, I just wanted to share that I was there and had a great time. Unfortunately I don't have any group pictures to post - not even one of just me - my friends took all those on their camera. But I do have one of the canyon.
No comments:
Post a Comment