Friday, November 07, 2008

Twilight Zone

Do you ever feel like you are in some Twilight Zone show that was never aired? I'm feeling that way at the moment. And it's at my own doing. I am so good about opening my mouth (or typing too quickly)...or is that really the cause?

I'd made a mistake about commenting on the election results and an Obama supporter was saddened by my comment of wanting to wake up and find the count was actually wrong. I would hope that anytime you vote for something you are standing for, something you believe is right that you want it to be victorious. I would be saddened by someone who voted and didn't really care what the outcome was, wouldn't you?

I'm worried about several different things with these election results, but not one of them has anything to do with a black man being in office. I like that our country is diverse enough to have a president who's different than the others, at least in appearance. But I refuse to say anymore, because apparently freedom of speech only goes so far in this country. It's bad enough that as a follower of Jesus I face new challenges and am told I can't pray here or say Merry Christmas, but then someone takes such offense to my political views or calls it something else...I just don't get what's going on here.

I continue to pray for the positive, healthy change our country needs, for our leader's health, safety and wisdom. And for now, that's all I'm going to say. Good-bye and good night!

No comments: