If there is no God, man is lost in a labyrinthine maze of bewildering experiences with no thread of meaning to guide him. -- George Eldon Ladd
Friday, June 05, 2009
Spoke too Soon
Okay, now I'm melting. Whew, it is going to be a tough week! You know this is true when you go to accuweather.com and it reads "Very hot with sizzling sunshine." Another day it says blazing sunshine. I'm longing for the one that reads, comforting sunshine. At this point, staying dehydrated is my main concern. As soon as I bring the kids over I pull out the water...Deacon and Lyric sweat as much as I do. I know that sweating is supposed to cool you down, but I so hate being this soggy headed individual. This is when having bangs is more of a hassle, they just end up dripping drops of sweat into my eyes. Ugh! Well, May and June are the hottest times, or so they say. May has passed and in 8 short days I'll be heading to Delhi for phase two of language and then up to a mountainous area for some grammar - both will be cooler. So, hopefully when I return in July, it really will be cooler. Let me say, a drop of a few degrees is noticeable and I will gladly receive it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sizzling sunshine? Yikes! Here's hoping the power stays on so you can use your AC to cool off!
Have a great weekend!
Shilo
Ugggg... I like sunshine, but Sizzling sunshine! No, no thanks! Though we did have a solidarity moment with you when we lost power yesterday for 5 hours (but the temp did drop from 85 to 68 in 10 minutes... so not quite the same thing, but I did think about you the whole time!) Hang in there!!! No wonder they have a lack of power, all those a/c units! Wow!
Post a Comment