Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Where I Live

It's long over due and some have reminded me of that fact. I guess it has been rather intentional, as I didn't want to hear any more about my naked walls. Unless I want to hang pictures of Mecca or Ganesh on my walls, the choices have been rather limited, trust me, I look whenever I go somewhere. I am going to take a painting class and rectify the problem in my drawing room, but I won't start that until September. I did add a clock in the dinning room, but only after the pictures were taken. So, promise me you won't cringe at the empty walls. Without further ado, here are the pictures of the inside of my house.


This is my drawing room. Pink walls, lots of pink walls. The spotted wall is a burgundy with white splashes. Ceiling, sorry no pictures, has beautiful work with white trim and the burgundy.



Here is another view of the drawing room, though there's an open section that really isn't captured. I would eventually like to put a devan in there.



My kitchen. Great cabinet space, no room for the fridge (see dinning room) and the stove is just out of sight. The microwave is also a convection oven and grill.



Cleaning room. This is supposed to be a shower room, but I wanted to put my washing machine inside, so now it's a cleaning room.



This is taken from the dinning room. Center is the cleaning room, on one side is the squatty potty (which is seldom used), and next to that is my bedroom door. The other side is the kitchen and just next to that is the front door.



My dinning room, with a table to fit the team, with the kids sitting on a mat on the floor - they love picnic style. You can see the door leading to the spare bedroom.



Spare bedroom - now it has my desk in it. Beyond the curtains is a storage room. Very minty green.



Another angle, showing the door to the western bathroom - no there's not a western theme, it has an English toilet. The curtains cover windows to the breeze way.



Ah, my imported curtain and rod. :)



Inside the curtain. This is the bucket that you fill up and bath from, at least that's how the locals do it. I usually use the shower.



And the oh so wonderful toilet!



My smiley face mat. I love this find. My walls above the tile are pink, the tiles have black, red and bits of grey. So, the mat really does draw it all together, in addition to keeping your feet dry.



Looking across my bedroom from the bed - those are two built-in closets.



My bed, night stand and A/C unit. This angle makes it look huge and maybe it is, but the bed was given to me and I bought the mattresses to fit.




This is a cabinet in the main room/dinning room, first seen when walking inside. My landlord wanted me to display pretty things in it, but I don't really have those things yet. So I started with books. Now I've also got some fun serving dishes in it, cards and more books. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a lovely home you have!!! Nice job Mo!

Pam said...

Mo
thanks for the tour of your delightful home..... and I love the walls!!
Pam (and my grandCATs simone and magellan ha! )

Shilo said...

So happy to have had the tour! Does that mean you are home now? Hugs!
Shilo

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Oh, wow, really a beautiful apt! Here's hoping you can get some nice paintings up there, but I don't think the bare walls are all that bad because of the color on them. I agree, I think I'd be using that western-style bathroom, too! :) lol

Unknown said...

I envy you your clear walls and uncluttered house. Shall I ever achieve that this side of eternity?
Nicky

Mo said...

Ha, and I wish there was a little more clutter. I just can't figure out where to buy it. I have since hung an umbrella from Thailand and put up some flower lights in a bamboo vase, both in my drawing/living room. And I've got some pictures that I will take to get framed once Ramadan is over.