Okay, I did, thank goodness.
Tonight I went once again to get sweets, as tomorrow is the full-on celebration of Eid and I'll be going to people's homes and need to bring some gifts. As I was leaving my colony (on the rickshaw, of course), another rickshaw was approaching us. I nearly got bowled over by his load. He needed some sort of blinker system or something...he was loaded up with sticks and leaves, wide enough to take up nearly the whole rode. If it wasn't for some quick thinking and moving, I'd have been all torn up. You just never know what is going to cross your path here. :)
Other than that and the mouse sized bats out in full force, followed by cat sized bats (where do they sleep anyway?), it was a fairly uneventful outing. A few of the cat sized bats seemed to fly too low for my comfort, but it all added to the oddities and uniqueness of the night. I wish you could take in the sites that I see. One minute I'm oohhing (the not good ooh, but more the yuck ooh) at someone urinating in public (which is a normal sight) and the next I'm ahhing at two cute little girls walking hand-in-hand. India is definitely a place to activate the senses.
3 comments:
Don't worry, Mo! Bats have radar, so they won't fly into you. I have heard, however, that they could fly into your hair (because their radar doesn't detect it). I've always thought that if I had a bat in my house, I'd make sure to tie my hair into a knot first thing.
It's great to read some updates! :-)
Thanks Katie. Some how I'm not sure that really makes me feel safer. The deal is, I had, upon two occasions, while training in Pennsylvania, bats in my house at night. Not just in my house, but in my bedroom. And when I lived in India before, there were a few times we had to have bats taken out of my room. So, when I saw these cat sized bats, I couldn't help but wonder where they reside. when they aren't flying around.
time for some stories about self diagnosis!
Post a Comment