I've been quiet for too long...maybe that's because I just don't feel like I've got much to say or because I am just too lazy, who knows, but today I write.
My initial intention was to share that I've got a friend, Kimberly, coming for a visit. I'm so excited. She's got a great sense of adventure and aside from plans to do only one thing (Cirque Du Soleil) she has let me determine what we would do. There's this great fish/pet store that she enjoyed when she was here in September and since coral reef tanks are one of her passions, that's one of our stops. It's really an amazing store, with a fish tank that you can engage with, "petting" a stingray type animal and whatever other aquatic animals are in there. The only down part is that there are no dogs or cats, but maybe that's better, it always makes me sad to see them caged. And the reptile room is quite large, as long as you don't get too freaked out by those things. Which moves me onto my next thought.
But then I thought of this crazy visitor that showed up this morning. I think it may have been it's cousins I've seen in my living room before. I got up early, wanting to spend some time with "Dad" before watching the Today show and my eyes were barely focusing properly and it wasn't yet light out. Coffee is essential in the morning, the acid reflex can handle a low acid coffee, so that's my daily indulgence. So, as I went over to the sink to get some water, I saw an odd shadow. The body was long and narrow with a number of legs, but still resembled a spider. It's like what you would get if you mixed a centipede and an spider. After lots of water and some fancy cup action, I managed to get "it" down the drain. But what was "it"?
No comments:
Post a Comment