Sweet Home Alabama...
I've been in 'Bama since last Friday, visiting one of my Aunt's. She's only a year older than I am, so we're more like sister's who didn't spend too much time together. :) She remarried nearly two years ago and though I met her husband shortly after, it was a quick visit and I didn't really get to know him well. They have a house off the water and surprisingly enough, there aren't too many mosquitoes (yes, I do have a couple handfuls of bites). Nearly every day we've gone out on the water in their boat - I think today will be the exception because of the storms that rolled in yesterday (we left the water before they hit, but only because a family member who'd stayed home to read heard the weather alert).
Let me tell you about the fishing here...it's like none I've ever seen. You know those pool "noodles"? The foam tubes you float on? Well, they've cut these into 12 ince chunks, tie line through it and at the end of a length (varying from 10 - 20 feet) is the hook. Then you bait it with a worm and toss it in. It acts like a bobber and when the fish grab it, it bobs around, bringing one end out of the water. We usually have close to a dozen in there and when one gets some action, you troll on over roll it in, net the fish and put it into the water holding tank - David's been kind enough to do all the cleaning. We've had catfish a few times so far - that's good eat'n (as they say here).
Tomorrow I return to PA, but it sure has been a nice little vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment