Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Contractual

Basically, we are all nosey, right? If you haven't actually opened someone's medicine cabinet or other cupboard, you know you wanted to. Well, some of my new friends don't hesitate to look at things right in front of me. It always makes me smile when they go for the fridge. I wonder what they'll think of my pre-packaged items, something the majority of them have never seen. Or of all my leftovers (I like to switch up my food and have variety). But the other day a friend opened it and asked me about a bottle on the side. It looks like a champaign bottle. In fact, it's meant to be used the same, but it's non-alcoholic and being saved for some special occasion - yet to be defined. I assured them it wasn't alcohol.

I signed in my rental agreement that I wouldn't have any alcohol or pork in my house - though the vanilla that was brought to me has alcohol in it, I don't find it a valid source of alcohol. I mean, it's not something I'm going to enjoy over a meal, though some of the things I use it in preparing are enough to make me giddy. No, it's not enough to say I'm breaking my contract.

So why do I have this bottle sitting in my fridge? One thing I've learned here is that when you find something you better grab it, because the odds are it won't be back anytime soon or when you really want/need it. It sometimes feels a little like hoarding, but I'm deciding it's not really. It's like saving up for a rainy day - you never know when the rain is going to fall, so this way, I have it when it does. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mo! I'm excited you have a fun treat for a rainy day. When the time comes, enjoy it! :-)

Lydia said...

No pork, eh? I'll keep that mind for when you visit! :)

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Oh, that's so funny that you would have to sign that in the contract! Guess it's that important, eh? :) I relate to the buy-it-when-you-see-it thing...sometimes I felt funny buying things just because it was available, but yep, that's what you do! :)