Monday, April 20, 2009

Where in the World is Latvia?

I've heard this a few times and I'm thinking some of you have been afraid to even ask. Come on, let's hear it, how many looked it up on a map? Now how many of you were even too lazy or embarrassed to do that? So, for all who are still curious, here's a decent map. I just sent this link to my niece because I was telling her that I was planning a trip to the Baltic Sea - I don't really think it's near Baltic Avenue. :)

I love watching and observing the differences (and similarities) between cultures. There's a danger in this. It's easy to quickly jump to conclusions about the people. I have to admit, I've done this here too. And in the short time that I have, I don't expect to uncover too many truths. But last night I was reminded of one thing. The body of Christ worshiping moves me the same where ever I am. We went to the YWAM's community night, which is a gathering of believers. It was an incredible night of worship. We had a fantastic translator (someone who I've heard about for the past 2+ years), but when it came to the music, I didn't know any of the words. But you could feel the Holy Spirit in that room, touching lives. Then as people shared their testimonies, with open, honest stories, again, you felt the Presence of God. It helped me see these people differently. God is working here and it's going to be powerful when His truth is embraced.

No comments: