Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Flowers

Have you taken notice of the flowers in your life? I’m not talking about the foliage type, but the human type.

As I was praying this morning and waiting on the Lord to share with me, I had a vision of a flower. At first I thought, “What a distraction…I’m trying to clear my mind and hear from the Lord.” Then I could hear Him saying the people you are among are the flowers in my garden – aren’t they beautiful.” Ah, then I understood. He said I have a responsibility to treat them like He does, watering them, and making sure they get enough sunlight – all these come from loving them. Then He showed me a plant that didn’t look like much and said, “You never know what a plant will grow to be, but irregardless of the stage they are in, they need love.” “Even the ones that look more like weeds?”, I asked. “Yes, even the ones that appear to be more like weeds. In the end I know what is what and will take care of them.” Then I saw a field of flowers and a young girl entering them. As she sat down, there were bugs or something hidden in the flowers. This was a reminder that there is evil everywhere and to not go blindly, but in His protection (prayer).

I thought this was a beautiful reminder of how I am to live my life and wanted to share it with you.

No comments: