Sorry, no pictures of this one (as if I've posted any lately anyway), I am in the hospital. I had another terrible night's sleep on Wednesday night and woke with excruciating pain. I was brought to tears over it, not sure if it was because of the actual pain or the fear that went along with it. [Note: In 2003 I visited an Indian hospital and had made note that I never wanted to be checked into one - it was beyond scary to me.] I called Ruthy and Iffat and Iffat called the doctor and made arrangements for me to see the doctor. Ruthy joined us, as well as Aamir. I changed my mind about any positive thoughts towards this doctor when he pressed, not just once, but three times into the painful area, bringing me to tears. Then he sent me to a seedy little spot to have an ultra sound. After the right amount of liquid the test was done, but didn't check my left side much (at this point Ruthy and I were feeling it was something in my intestines). Unfortunately he did find stones in my gallbladder. And that became his focus - removing my gallbladder. Since I wasn't going to stay in an Indian hospital, that wasn't going to happen. Ruthy recommended we leave otherwise he was going to give me 3 more prescriptions and admit me (he'd already tried giving me penicillin, without asking if I had any allergies - I'm sure that's covered in pre-med 101).
Meanwhile, Iffat's mom called to see if I'd left something cooking on the stove - smoke was pouring out my window!!! Crud the milkman had brought my milk and I was bringing it to a boil when the rickshaw showed up to drive me...I did set my timer, but it just hadn't finished. Aamir went back with my key and they took care of it for me - let me tell you - my house stunk!!! Ruthy took me to her house so she could watch over me. Then we needed to figure out what to do next. We talked with a few people and already prayed a ton and decided it was time to go to a good hospital n Delhi.
It was a long painful ride but when we entered the emergency door they wasted no time in getting me taken care of, ran test, 4 doctors tending to me and getting me checked into a room (well. make that 2 - my first roommate, Caesar from Spain, was previously being treated in another city for TB and though there were questions as to why he wasn't responding to the medicine - possible misdiagnosis, I didn't feel comfortable with next to someone with this possible airborne disease). The ultra sound did prove accurate, I do have stones in my gallbladder, but they don't think this is what's causing me a problem. Tomorrow morning they will know more. For now, I'm on an IV, getting antibiotics and enjoying a liquid diet.
What I do know is that I'm feeling much better, the pain has lessened, but is still there. And I'm hopeful about getting some much needed sleep.
7 comments:
OH MO! I'm so so sorry you are so sick and so far from the comforts of home! Glad for the big city! We'll put a word in for you with Dad! Hang in there!
Hoping to hear soon that they have pegged it for you and you are into a non surgery treatment. yarping
Yarping in Argentina. I know your fear...being hospitalized Argentina was one of mine...now, I've done it twice. TWD for good doctors, sound treatment and Thankful for friends who go the extra mile.
'Lish
Yarping in Argentina.
I know your fear, I was terrified of being hospitalized here, 'til it happened TWICE!
TWD for good doctors, successful treatment and peace of mind.
Thankful for friends who go the extra mile!
'Lish
Hey Mo! Sorry you are ill. Just wanted to share that I have experienced the pain of gallbladder stones and it is worse than child birth in my opinion. I'll be praying for you! Hang in there!
Been twd on your behalf. My goodness, sounds awful! :( Thankful that you are getting the help you need...
We are asking Dad for a FULL and FAST recovery!
Post a Comment