God, I stand (or sit as the case may be) in awe of you. As I sit on this balcony you provided (shelter from the sun and cooled by a breeze), I look out over this chunk of ground. Right away I see the work of your hand, the beauty your designed for this area, too numerous to count. But, least I should forget to see it, here's a sampling...
• The full, beautiful palm trees
• The variety of birds flying and chirping
• The two nests that are being tended to
• The beautiful women making oopla
• The slow moving river providing refreshment
• The huge beast (oxen and water buffalo)
• The schoolboys sitting and talking
• The father and son on the water dragging in the silt
• The young (and old) mongoose running about
It's a spot that brings me peace and fills me up with you. The people are stealing my heart. Slowly it is happening. It's not perfect, in how I think it should happen, but perfect in how you are orchestrating it. I realize that the speed (or lack of) is more of a response to the barriers I'd set into place. As I allow bricks to be removed from the walls I've put up, it is happening. I pray not only for my walls but for those that Have been put into place by these beautiful people. I long for the day that they come to know you as a personal God, their personal God.
2 comments:
I feel like I'm there! :-)
Love your reflection, God's heart in you. Encouraging as I sit here on a very grey day in Ergli and an unwell body.
Post a Comment