Why else would I be so sensative to light and sound. I think there was a time when everyone tried to be quiet and not disturb the baby. And today, parents are realizing, it's better to have them learn to sleep through these things.
So what in the world am I talking about? Well, as I was sitting in my room yesterday, I heard something in my room. It was ever so faint and coming from where I'd recently hung a picture from a friend's daughter. I thought maybe the picture was falling. So, I sat there watching, trying to see what was going on. And then I saw IT! A 2" cockroach! I know they are harmless, but of all insects, I dislike this one the most. Blame it on a horror show I saw in 8th grade, but all the same, I can't stand them. I asked Afreen to help, when she saw it, she asked if I wanted to kill it. No - can't stand the crunch. As it would turn out, she was too afraid to do anything too. But since it was in my room, I had to do something - otherwise it would come get me at night, right? So, I grabbed a metal cup, which she made me reliquish for a throw away plastic one. I crept up to it, encased it in the cup and then slid a newspaper under it. She opened the door and we released it. The part that amazes me is that I could hear this thing walking! I sleep with ear plugs, because every little noise wakes me up.
When I was staying at my brother and sister-in-law's house, I had a hard time with a bright light that would be activated by every little thing and shined the smallest amount of light into my room. Here, the family sleeps with so many lights on, it's a restless time, but aside from looking like a female rendition of Reuben Kincaid, sleeping with my own bright pink eye mask, what can you do?
I took Ruthy over to my new house, hung out with the daughter, Iffat and looked over my place. The toilet it in and all is nearly ready!!! The move in date is February 15th. This week I will take care of some of the essentials that are needed - complete different set of move-in requirements. I need a propane tank, a two burner gas stove (which sits on the counter), fridge, water heater, okay, you get the picture. Furniture is on the list too, but for some reason doesn't seem as important. It'll be a busy week pulling everything together.
5 comments:
Woohoo!!! So excited for you!!!
Oh my...cockroaches are the most disgusting thing! I hate them too!
But great news about the apartment! I can't wait to see lots of pictures!!! Wahoo!
OMG .. got chills on the cockroaches .. was in Hawaii a couple of years ago staying with my dearest friend and she had cockroaches, lizards, etc that used to scurry up and down walls, across ceiling, etc. Slept with a fan on full force on my body - figured the wind was stronger than the critter and shook out everything in the morning! Used to go around at night with a can of raid and see how many I could kill ... you know how much I must love ths woman to have lived like that for a month .. also explains why I was on the beach every morning at 6AM!
Love you ... miss you .. can't wait for your next chapter!
yuk, double yuk, triple yuk .. was in Hawaii a couple of years ago staying with my dearest friend (86) and her house was filthy and filled with cockroaches and lizards .. slept with fan on me full force thinking wind was stronger than critters and shook everything out in morning .. would explain why I was on the beach every morning at 6AM and also explain how much I must have loved this woman ... OMG .. it was from hell! Love reading your "journal" and miss you so much ...
Kathy
Don't much like cockroaches either! Ew. But I'm amazed you could actually hear it! :o wow.
I sleep with ear plugs, too. Even if it's not really noisy, I just don't seem to get good sleep w/o them for some reason. Lights bother me, too. Our laptop blinks green sometimes and it really bothers me...I am amazed at Miguel's ability to sleep with the lights on and kids screaming all around him! LOL
So glad you are getting stuff for your house...the 15th is coming right up! :)
Post a Comment